Wednesday, November 10, 2004

 

The Not So Straight and Narrow Way

Today, at work for "The Carpenter", I was installing a ceiling mounted power point projector. This required running wires through the ceiling between two floors. The only way to do this was to crawl up in there and be a gopher! (Sometimes a rat, sometimes a snake!) Getting up through the 16" square access hole was challenge enough. But I made it thanks to my partner pushing on my feet! (By then the access holes was a little bigger!) The ceiling was constructed with trusses about 24" high and spaced at 16." That meant I had to turn my shoulders on an angle to fit between them, slithering over hot pipes, cold pipes and large vent pipes too. (Good thing I'm skinny eh!) Going crossways was not too bad. I had more shoulder room but I had to climb over the braces. But making the 90-degree corner from lengthways to sideways was something else. Certain body parts bend one way and others the opposite way. So this meant rolling over while at an angle in a doubly tight spot. (Something like horizontal Olympic diving!) After about an hour of fishing wires and trying to be a gopher I emerged through the 16" square hole in the ceiling, two small rips on the knee, flashlight in hand, covered with a layer of dust, and with pieces of fiberglass sticking to my face and hands. All so the professors can use computers to display their notes via the power point projector as they teach God's Word to young disciples of "The Carpenter."

Comments:
What amazing work the Carpenter has assigned to you! What an awesome privilege to work for Him!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home







































































































































This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?