Monday, February 14, 2005

 

Driving on the Big Lake


This sign was on the winter road across Lake Athabasca ("The Big Lake" ) It connected Uranium City to the rest of the world for about six weeks in Feb-Mar.each year. During that time the town would be full of trucks bringing in freight, beer, fuel, etc. The sign? 27 inches was enough ice to hold a loaded semi-trailer but they would have to stay under 40 mph and half a mile apart. I hitch-hiked out with a trucker once. It was the only time I ever slept in the sleeper of a truck. The trip took about 30 hours to get to Medow Lake and "civilization." Posted by Hello

Comments:
I don't know I would feel confortable with the situation.It would surly give way as I was in the vihicle.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home







































































































































This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?