Wednesday, April 13, 2005

 

Renovation Takes an Unexpected Turn

Monday evening I want over to our new home to do some work on it. When I opened the door to the garage I discovered some smoke in it. Quite a bit actually. I opened the large overehead door and then opened the door to the kitchen and discovered much denses smoke. So I closed it and called the Fire Dept. from the neighbor's place.

In a few minutes the trucks arrived and several PRBI students and alumni jumped out and donned their gear! They went into the house and put out a fire on the stove. After a couple of hours of venting the house with large fans, I was allowed to go in and surver the damage. The only things that had burned was what was on the stove. But throughout the house there was extensive smoke damage. The basement and the garage suffered very little! The pictures below tell the rest of the story.

Comments:
Everything will come out new as gold in the Lord's handiwork.The Lord's timing is just alittle different than yours in being able to get into your new home as wanted.Thou shalt trust the Lord with all thy heart and with all thy soul,lean not unto your own understanding and in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path.This verse just popped into my mind again.I think I am meant to memorize this here verse.Dan helped me again as I got the the ending of it.Once more,the Lord's timing.Will the College let the two of you remain in their trailer as all of the renovations are taking place?Normally insurance will cover costs of your staying somewhere while the process begins.
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Insurance will pay for temporary accomodations but we may have to move out of our place here on campus because another couple are
scheduled to move in in May. Their place is being sold and moved. I'm sure something will be available here on campus because it's the end of the school year this weekend. I'm checking into it but they have not gotten back to me yet.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home







































































































































This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?