Thursday, June 23, 2005

 

Gimped in Grande Prairie

Wednesday: A man looked at our house and said he could shingle it for about $3800 the next week. Sounded good. Wondered if we could afford it though.

Thurdsay: He brought me an estimate of $4200 and said he could not start till later in the week. He gave me a reference which did not check out well so I decided this would be a "do it yourself" project. Made some phone calls, prayed, and set it up for Saturday. (The weather forcast was favuorable too.)

Thursday night: Did not sleep well, thinking about the roof and my fear of heights.

Friday: Read Psalm and took verse 2a literally: "He will not allow your foot to slip."(alternate reading) Had peace. Bought shingles.

Saturday: Shingled house with the help of Mr. T (a 70 year old man who worked with me on maintenance at P.R.B.I.)and some other younger men. Got more than half of what we wanted to do done.

Sunday: Preached in McLennan (two hours away)and gave testimony to Psalm 121.

Monday: Raining so I went to work. Foot was sore when I woke up but got better with use.

Tuesday: Foot sore again when I got up. Fininshed shingling the house with the help of Ron and Mr. T. Got the left over shingles off the roof and the place cleaned up before it started to rain. Praised God for the good weather, the good help, safety on the roof, and the job completed at a fraction of the price. (We only shingled the front half because the back half was still quite good. Saved about $3,000 over all).

Wednesday: Foot quite sore at 4:00 a.m. Ron helped me ice it. Went to work and hobbled around all day. It also rfained all day.

Thursday: Foot even worse at 3:30 a.m. Iced it again. Ron took me to the Doctor and I found out I have a bruised Acillies tendon where it attaches to the heal. Was told to stay off it for two weeks. Got perscriptions.

Ron is helping me ice it, etc. and I hope to be back to work by Monday. I don't want to agrivate the injury but I need to work too. So do pray for us. There are a lot of other fix it things I need to do on the house too. "Lord, what else are you trying to teach me?"

Now I need to go and ice and elevate my foot.

Comments:
Take care Dad, enjoy your time in the sky!?!
 
I secured the ladder well. And the more I worked on the roof the more comfortable I bacame up there. And I didn't have a daugher down below saying: "Dad, you're up in the sky!"
 
Oopppppppppppp two weeks off work means no pay.That doesn't sound too good.We will be praying for your foot to heal soon and the Lord to provide during your time of healing.Love ya.
 
I only took two days off work. Then the weekend. Went back to work on Monday. I've continued to ice my foot regularly and baby it and it is much nuch better. Thank the Lord.
 
Oooo, Ed, so sorry to hear about your bruised foot! Also sorry that my "get well quick" wishes are about a week late! (We've had no internet connection for the last 12 days!) Hope you're doing better now!
 
Yep, much better. I can do most things I need to, but I need to be careful not to stress my ancle. We've been enjoying a weekend Family Camp here along with working some too. Heard an awesome Southern Gospel group last night, called "Sweet Presence" We'll be out there for the rest of the weekend.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home







































































































































This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?