Tuesday, March 18, 2008

 

Promise Kept

David and I did make it to Promise Keepers last weekend. Colleen was a stow-away in the back seat. Suzanne picked her up in Edmonton. David and I went on to the meetings, after stopping at House of Tools first (go figure)!

There were about 400 men at Promise Keepers, a lot less than the thousands that gathered at the Coliseum a few years ago. (In fact one time I took Brent and Jon and met Ron here in Grande Prairie for a PK gathering of 600.)

But the weekend was great and we had some notable speakers.







David is pictured here with Ted DiBiase. Yes, "The Million Dollar Man" of WWF fame! He had an awesome testimony and struck a cord with David.






I related more with Ron Estay, pictured here. He was a lineman for the Edmonton Eskimos in the 1970's when they won 5 Grey Cups in a row. He still holds the league record for Quarterback sacks. His messages focused on being champions in Christ. We also learned that most football players only play 9 minutes per game. To us the challenge is to be trained and ready for those moments of witness or discipleship that can come at any (unexpected) moment.

Then I had another promise to keep. So after the weekend we headed off to Camrose to see the Dumont family, and to pick up Colleen.

Roger is growing and doing well. He loved it when Grandpa held him. Our time with him and the other grand-kids was all too short.

In the car between Camrose and Edmonton, David and I had a good time or sharing man to man. (So this is my 9 minutes!) Keep praying for him. He has had a rather colorful life so far.


Comments:
We will be praying for David.I don't remember if you said he was a christian or not.Chuck hasn't gone to a promise keepers meeting for a long time now.I think the last one he went to was the six million one in Washington D.C. .I could be wrong.I know how special those times are because I really appreciate our Ladies Time Out days.This year will probably be the last one.I'm sure the grandkids sure enjoyed they short time with grandma and grandpa.Its good Colleen could get away from Walmart for some time off.Love ya.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home







































































































































This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?