Thursday, March 17, 2005

 

Lookin Ahead

Looking ahead what do I see? That's a good question. Two weeks ago I saw myself being at P.R.B.I. for a long time, possibly into retirement as a part time maintenance support and mentor. But now? The future looks quite different. From the human side, not so clear. But from the Divine side, the Lord is showing HIS faithfulnes and provision in such great ways that's I could have hardly imagined even a few weeks ago.

For this home purchase to be a success the LORD will have to continue to provied. And I know He will, His way! We serve a loving, faithful, and all powerful God, the only One who can truly be Jehovah-Jireh.

In the future I see more time and more work (and a little more money) in my new job. I will be working for a window company in Grande Prairie installing windows in existings homes.It's about a 10 mile drive on the highway to my workplace. (Colleen's is further because it is on the other side of Grande Prairie.)

I also see a lot of time and work going into our home. It is a fixer-upper! The busyest time will be getting it ready to move in. And then the move itself (about four blocks). All while getting into a new job. We do need your prayers.

Regarding ministry, I have no idea what the future holds. All I can tell you is that I'm scheduled to preach at a church about two hours away on April 10th. (I've only preched about four times since last summer.) We also have a small Bible study group that meets somewhat sporatically. (We've miss the last two weeks because of work and illnesses.) The Lord knows how He wants to use us. He has prepared my heart in the last couple of months through a deeper commitment to Him. I'm sure there are more exciting things in store for us yet!

Comments:
Thats great to hear the house is still on for the two of you.The Lord does work in ways unfationable.With the new place only four blocks from where you are now it doesn't sound to bad of a commute for your move.Sounds like your new job is right up your alley Ed.As long as the Lord has his hand in all of this, His best will be best for your lives.Love you Ed and I will be praying for you and Colleen in all of this.Hang on,your in for a wonderful ride.
 
Thanks for all your comments. This morning in chapel the guy I've been mentoring gave his "Grad Testimony." He mentioned how he never worries about money but relys on God's provision. (He's not laze, he's shoveled snow at some stores all winter!) It rebuked and encouraged me to trust God's provision for the house (payments and fixing) and for my new job too, and for whatever else God had for us.
P.S. Maybe some day you will have a condo with a pool!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home







































































































































This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?