Sunday, August 06, 2006

 

A New Old Song

We just got back from "Campout" in Thorhild. The Sutera Twins were supposed to be there but only one could make it (health problems). Ralph Sutera gave us some awesome (I truly mean awesome) teaching on something we do not hear enough about: "The Crucified Life." It caused me to search deeper in the corners of my life and come into a greater (and closer) walk with my Lord. Oh, by the way, both Ralph and Lou Sutera are coming back next year! (Start making plans now!)

The new, old, song? Ralph Sutera taught us a song written by a man who had met the Lord in revival some years ago. A lot of it expresses how the Lord has worked in my life during the revival days of the earely 70's, over the years, and more deeply last week. Here it is!

Jesus loves me, this I know,
For the Bible tells me so.
Little ones to Him belong.
They are weak, but He is strong.

Jesus frees me from my pain,
Gives me songs to sing again;
Dealt with sin,
Nailed self to the tree,
The Holy Spirit sets me free.

Pride took me for a ride,
Fueled by bitterness inside.
Jesus frees me from my past,
Took my foot from off the gas.

Sin and sorrow weighed me down,
Pride had kept me tightly bound;
Only Jesus set me free.
Weight reduction instantly.

Two of me, we were at war,
Double-minded to the core;
Being one is much more fun,
The battle fought, the vic'try won.

Jesus longs to free us from
Excedrin headache number one;
Get full release quite instantly,
Forsake your sin.
From self be free!

Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
The Bible tells me so.

Comments:
Glad to hear it was really good for you! May God continue to do His perfect work in you.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home







































































































































This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?