Sunday, October 29, 2006

 

It's Winter!


This is what our home looked like not long ago. But not after this weekend! The weekend became extra busy for us. Thursday evening Missions Conference started at PRBI. We went and enjoyed reconnecting with several missionaries we know.

Friday after work Colleen and I both laid down for a snooze before heading back into Grande Prairie to watch Ron's first home game as the assistant coach of the Wolves basketball team. It was starting to snow but the roads were not too bad.

Saturday morning we woke up to quite a bit of snow. So I quickly put the snow tires on the car and we headed back into Grande Prairie for a Wolves parents breakfast. It was a good time with Ron, Jen, her Mom and several others. There was even more snow when we came out from breakfast and headed for home. So Saturday afternoon I put (Dad Smith's) snow tires on the truck and aired up all 8 tires on the two vehicles. Now we are ready for winter! (My garage is a virtual tire shop with about a dozen tires all mounted and ready to be used, a trolly jack, and a small compressor to air them up.) Then I ventured out to shoved the driveway. I don't think I did such heavy snow shoveling. By this time we had at least 8 inches of wet snow. But I survived the workout.

Then I phoned my Mom and wished her a Happy 88th Birthday. She was celebrating with several family members at the home farm where I grew up and where my brother Bill still is.

That evening we headed back to PRBI for the final meeting of Missions Conference. Afterwards most of the missionaries were in no hurry to leave. Why? Highways in all directions were either closed or not advisable to be used. In fact we had a missionary couple I've know for as long as I can remember stay over at our home.

This morning after breakfast the missionary couple headed out on their way back to Ponoka, my old home town. After going to church, I spend more time out in the snow, shoveling the sidewalks that go along two sides of our property. Now its time to hibernate, look out at the winter wonderland, and thank the Lord that everyone is safe. What an appropriate weekend to go back to Standard Time? Posted by Picasa

Comments:
Yep winter is definately on its way!Except today we have an indian summer day we are enjoying.Chuck is home for his last week vacation of the year.Thank goodness I will be blowing leaves into piles not shoveling snow today.We are also waiting for a truck to deliver a new washing machine from Sears anytime now.Love ya.I love seeing a picture of your new home any time.I almost ended up on your door step this week.Chuck really wanted for Colleen and I to spend our birthday week togeather.Happy birthday to your mom from me to her.She still looks very young for 88 years old.That must be why you stay looking so young,of course you should your not that old yet,thank goodness.That was great you could help out the missionaries that ended up stranded for the night.Love you two.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home







































































































































This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?