Wednesday, March 21, 2007

 

The Last Day of Winter






Yesterday was the last day of winter. So what did I do? I got some P.R.B.I. students to come over and shovel snow off the roof of our house. The guy in the first frame is Caleb. I knew him before we came to Sexsmith. He is a farm boy from the Thorhild area. He brought along two friends who are from Oregon. One is a roofer by trade so they had no problem up there even though they don't see much show in their home area.

After two hours of hard work they had the roof cleaned and the driveway (where most of the snow landed) cleared off.

Afterwards this is what our front yard looked like.

I plan on renting a snow blower on Saturday. With it I hope to remove this and a lot more snow from all around the house so when it melts it will be able to run away instead of into our basement!
This is the second time this winter that I've had snow cleaned of our roof (and only the fourth time in my life). Wehave had a record snowfall of about five feet this year.
Today, being the first official day of spring, the weather is warming up. The long range forcast is for warmer and warmer weather, and no snow! That's a blessing, seeing we have not seen the ground under our feet since the 27th of October.
Wishing all readers a wonderful spring.

Comments:
Happy spring to the two of you also.Wow!I remember back when Chuck and I lived on Hazelwood St.we had to the very same thing.People actually had their snow blowers on the roofs also.You have to be so careful when it gets that full and deep because you can have your roof cave in.We haven't had to do it here on Noel because our roof is slanted alot more than on Hazelwood.I bought a roof cleaner several years back to take to our roof a couple of times each winter.The sun takes care of the rest.You and Colleen sure do have your hands full of snow there.Love ya.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home







































































































































This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?