Saturday, February 10, 2007

 

An Extreme Makeover

This is our new bath and laundry room. I was sitting on the washer and dryer when I took this picture. The colorful curtain to the right is where the shower and toilet are. The shower is small (all the room I had)but it works well.

When we purchsed the house this was the worst area. There was a big hole in the concrete floor and the walls were very dirty and ugly looking. There was a rotten platform where the former owners' appliances had been. For a "before" picture click on January 2006 in the Archives. The second "before" picture shows the old furnace. The laundry area is (was) the ugly spot directly behind the furnace.

Mr T. and I put pipes in and on the floor for the bathroom and laundry fixtures. Then I built a wooden floor over them. That's how the laundry room stayed for over a year. (Mr. T. is a retired pastor from Corvallis Montana who now works part time at PRBI.)

This winter, when I could finally afford the time (and money) we finished up the room. A young plumber who also does maintenance at PRBI redid the water lines so I could hook up the fixtures. If you'd like to come for a visit, you will get to use the new bathroom.

Comments:
I like that bright, cheerful, yellow door!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home







































































































































This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?