Sunday, November 19, 2006

 

Changes, Changes

"The only thing that does not change is change.
 

This is Peace Windows where I work, for now. The business moved into this building less than a year ago and I was given a lot more room in which to build doors.

 

Some doors, of the many I was building this past summer and fall. Things got quite busy and sometimes stressful for a while.
 

More doors! You can see my tool rack and chop saw bench in the background. In the picture below, the smaller frames on the right are windows that others in the shop are building. The window people have now taken over all the space I had and most of the doors are being brought in already built. I have been moved into a little room smaller than our garage at home. Now I put in lites (glass in the doors), make fixes, and build a few rush doors or special ones they cannot bring in. When I'm not busy with doors, I help out wherever I can.

  Posted by Picasa

What does the future hold? Only the Lord knows how long I will work here. Only the Lord knows how long we will be in this area. But for now Colleen (see her blog) and I get up and drived to work together four days a week. On Fridays I take the truck and go to a men's prayer breakfast at 6:00 a.m. before going to work, usually a shorter day. So we are getting up earlier than we ever have (except when I worked at the dairy back when Ron was born), and going to bed earlier too. Until the Lord leads us into a different situation! Wherever we are we are the Lord,s disciples, we are the Lord's witnesses. We are there to honor Him in whatever we do.

Comments:
sounds like your being kept busy and that is good. just remember that the Lord will bless you in the end and that work is good
 
Its good to see pictures of where you work and the handsome dude standing in some of them looking alittle paint splattered.It shows a hard working man.The Lord only knows where each of us will be one month,two months six months,a year down the road in our lives.I have seemed to be the only settled one of all of us in the family.Of course when your husband has a very secure,well paying job thats what happens.Now if we could put well paying job with a couple who work well togeather with bugeting and having good wisdom in knowing what should be done and not be done,you would have more success and peace.Love you Ed.Keep smileing for me.Our prayers are with you and Colleen with your jobs and your other family situations.
 
Hey dad, now that you're doing less with those doors you cam come down and give your expertise on our newest discovered leak. We have to rip a hole in the basement bathroom ceiling to fix another worn out drain pipe coming from the upstairs tub! Maybe you should go into plumbing, you could just fix the whole house
 
Di: The paint splaters are actually white sillacone which I use to glue and calk the door frames.

Sue: What do you want? A Dad of all trades? Might come down next weekend.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home







































































































































This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?