Sunday, December 10, 2006

 

Back in the Saddle again!

I have not preached at a Sunday service since Father's Day, a year and a half ago. Have I missed it? Definitly! (Well, I did do a funeral back in Thorhild and a couple of weddings.)
 


Oh yes, I did bring a devotional at the little service we had in front of Jim's tent in Penticton.
 
 
 

But that has suddenly changed! Today I preached in Little Smokey at a mission church that meets in the nice new community hall there. It's about an hour and a half drive from here and it is just a few miles from where Colleen and I almost hit a Moose back in October.

I preached there once before, about two years ago, or more. But today was the first time Colleen was with me.

One couple took us to their farm home for a very lovely dinner. We arrived back home at 5:00, as it was getting dark.

The church is without a Pastor right now and they asked me to fill in today. I'll probably be back there in January. Only the Lord knows how often I may preach there. I said I could come as often as twice a month. So pray for me whenever the Lord lays me on your heart.

Oh, I preached on "Heaven" today. Surprized?

Wishing all readers Merry Christmas and God's blessing. Posted by Picasa

Comments:
I would love to have the opportunity to hear you preach one more time.

We will pray for you, and for Colleen.
 
What a wonderful gift from God! I'm so glad He gave you this opportunity--I know it is your heart's desire!
 
Awesome. I am sure that you did awesome. would love the chance to hear you preach. I enjoy teaching the word but am not able or do I have the opportunity for the moment.
 
Joanne: I'm sure your opportunity will come some day.

Jeannie: Yes, it's my heart's desire. Pray that God will give me more (of the right) opportunities to do so.

Strider: God will use a clean and willing vessel.

To all: thanks for your words of encourgement. I'll probably be back there some time in January.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home







































































































































This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?