Sunday, February 20, 2005

 

Meanwhile Back At The Ranch


This is the house I grew up in. It was build when I was three. Ted and I slept in a little upstairs bedroom on the back corner. Every second Sunday afternoon, we went to Sunday School in our living room. When I was in high school this no longer happened but we were invovled in a mid week Bible study with Mom and Dad, Bill and Lynda, and some other couples. So it met here sometimes too. I could share many other precious memories too.

I helped Dad re-shingle the house in 1974, right after graduating from Briercrest Bible College. Dad had the metal roof you now see put on later. In 1987, shortly after coming out of the Yukon, I helped Dad build the carport. Our family lived in the upstairs for about two months at that time. The car is the 1990 Tempo which Dad and Mom bought new and which we are now driving. My brother Bill's son Quinten and his family now live in the house. They would like to build their own house elsewhere on the farm. Posted by Hello

Comments:
I enjoyed taking a ride through your life with your family. Thank-you,it was wonderful.
 
Here's something else. It was about a hundred yards in front of this house that I knelt over a show bank at the age of 10 and invited Jesus Christ into my life.
 
Ohhhhhhhh thats wonderful.The Lord sure has used you for his glory also.Love ya.
 
Hi Ed -- enjoyed your comments on my blog today ... I actually reposted one.

In answer to your question, my Dad's full name was Cecil Gordon Hodgson, and yes, he's the guy in the glasses!
 
Nane does not ring a bell. Thot maybe I'd seen him at a Missions Conference or something.
 
Hey Carol,if you see this,would you please let me know your blog site address again? I don't have it and would like to keep up with you.Thanks
 
Post a Comment

<< Home







































































































































This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?