Tuesday, December 27, 2005

 

I'm Dreaming of a White [Green] Christmas

It's the morning after Boxing Day and still no snow. (Boxing Day? That's a Canadian holiday, the 26th of Dec. and its the biggest shopping day of the year. Lots of after Christmas bargains for already over indebted people to buy. Yes, Colleen worked all day but I had it off. No, I did not go shopping but went to the indoor pool and hot tub with Ron.)

Getting back to "no snow." That's quite unusual for places this far north. A few years ago we had no snow at Christmas but we woke up to the ground and trees etc, being covered with a thick layer of hoarfrost. No so this year. The closest thing to snow we had this year was freezing rain a few days ago. It can make driving (and walking) treacherous. Thankfully I have Dad Smith's studded tires on the pickup truck.

Suzanne and Thomas made the trek up here (on fairly good roads)to join Ron, Colleen, and me for Christmas. They were here for four days and five sleeps. Ron set up a little baskedball hoop in our newly (almost)completed rec room. It was fun to watch them play and to join in on a hoop where I could actually slam it!

We enjoyed our traditional Christmas dinner of ham and apple pie with all the trimmings after the kids (Ron, Sue and Thomas) opened their stockings to find candy, socks, and other "goodies".

Green Christmas? It all started about a month and a half ago when I responded to an add in "Toy Farmer" magazine. On an end table we now have a little lit up house and barn (from Thomas Kincade & John Deere) complete with John Deere logo on the barn and a couple of little tractors out front. To them I added one Ted gave me a few months ago. Then for Christmas Ted gave me a "Tractor a Day" Calander. In it was another little tractor to park out front. And Thomas gave me another John Deere which I added to the scene.

That wasn't all I got for Christmas but the best present of all was having most of our family home with us. And Jon called from Taiwan too!

P.S. I haven't been bloging much lately because Colleen and I have been extreemly busy finishing up the basement. Most nights I worked on it till 11:00 p.m. and a few (too many) times to 2:00 or 3:00. But Ron helped me get the carpet in place minutes before Suzanne and Thomas arrived. Now its time to rest, pay bills, and enjoy our new home with family and friends.

Comments:
It's so nice to see something new here! And, it's so nice to read about your special family time during the Christmas holidays! I'll bet you're glad to have the long, hard days (and nights) behind you (hopefully)!
 
Yep!
 
I enjoyed seeing you in here once more also.In Michigan the biggest shopping day of the year is the day after Thanksgiving.Annette and I joined in on the fun for the second year now,earlier then last year and stayed out alot longer to boot.We thourghly enjoyed it which included a nice sit down dinner at the restaurant Max's for the two of us.Its alot like the restaurant Applebee's if you know that one.Your time with the hot tub and pool sounded like a real winner.So glad you have now been able to slow down alittle and enjoy your home alittle more with remodeling almost done? Or all done?At least the rush to get enough done before family arrived for the holidays anyway.Love you all.Annette and Earl and us decided for Christmas on Christmas Eve get togeathers we do pizza and other goodies.Its Dan's birthday and that just happens to be his favorite meal so it makes it much simpler for food and he loves it as well as the rest of us.Our Thanksgiving and Easter are the Turkey and Ham meals.Love you all and am glad you all were togeather for the holidays.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home







































































































































This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?