Thursday, June 28, 2007

 

Family Camp Weekend


Our church rented this camp last weekend for our Family Camp. It isn't far from Grande Prairie but you have to drive through a series of gravel pits ((the road keeps changing) and then down a winding trail between the trees to get there. Each time we went (in or our) we got onto a different road through the gravel pits. Some people were not so successful at finding the desired destination.







Some people stayed in RV's.







Others stayed in cabins. There squared log cabins were nice.
Colleen and I went after work Saturday (supper and campfire) and came home for overnight. Then we went back for Sunday service and lunch.

What did we do there?

Colleen took pictures and enjoyed the animals. Naturally!

What did I do?


I praised the Lord with the whole group.



What else did I do?







Yep! The evidence is in. I had a snooze during the Sunday morning message.
Now, in my own defence let me say that Pastor Dan spoke on Psalm 27. He talked about letting God get our attention through the mighty acts of nature. (Read the psalm.) While we slow down and vacation, etc. during the summer, lets not forget God. Since Sunday we have had several thunders storms., including one this evening. It makes me wonder: "Who's attention is God trying to get?" It appears that person isn't listening too well!Posted by Picasa

Comments:
I'll take the cabin for staying in and enjoy walking along with Colleen with my camera.It looks like you had a wonderful time at camp.The road sounds like one I would have ended up very lost on.I'll bet I would have found that lost moose though.Love ya.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home







































































































































This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?