Friday, June 20, 2008

 

House to House






If you had told me five years ago that I would either buy or sell a home for over a quarter of a million dollars, I would have laughed at you. But tonight I am not laughing.





Less that two weeks ago we left our beautifully renovated home and moved to Camrose. At that time we had no potential buyers for it. It was a little disconcerting, but Colleen and I prayer for the Lord to work out His will in the sale of our home.

However we had already made an offer on a nice home here in Camrose. It seemed like the perfect place for us, and close to the grandkids too. I was sure this was the house the Lord was providing for us. But a few days later our offer was bumped down to backup status because the owners had received a better offer. Despite all the anxiety this caused, I still chose to trust the Lord to work out His will and His timing. How would it all work out? All we could do was wait, and pray.

But then the "better offer" got bumped back because certain conditions could not be met. Now we were back in first place. About this time, actually the day after we move out of our former home, Ron called us with an offer on our home. We negotiated a deal and we soon had a firm offer. A week later, just this past Monday, that offer was finalized. Our house in Sexsmith was "sold." We had actually doubled our original investment.

Today was our final day to waive conditions and , in effect, purchase the house in Camrose. Yesterday Ron faxed information on the sale of our house in Sexsmith to our banker here in Camrose. This morning when I phoned our banker, she said that she had not received the fax. So I gave her Ron's number and we tried again. I was busy all day, in and out of the shop. After playing telephone tag all afternoon, I finally connected with our banker again, just ten minutes before she would have left work. The news was good, and within minutes I had finalized the paperwork with our realtor here in Camrose. My next stop was Wal-Mart to celebrate with Colleen. We continued to celebrate by taking Suzanne out for supper with us.

About our new home... It's just a ten minute walk for Suzanne's. It is on a quiet cal-de-sac. It is on a good sized pie shaped lot. And it backs up to a beautiful park. Talk about location, location, location! Although its about 35 years old, it has been well cared for and should serve us well.

Moving day will be July 25-26. Now, lets take a peak... I like it's "curb appeal" The kitchen has been modernized. The living room is spacious. And the large L shaped rec-room has a fireplace and, most importantly, a ledge for my collection of tractors.

Comments:
Very nice! Congratulations! Praise God for His perfect timing in everything!
 
Glad to hear that your old house sold and you were able to get the new one. It looks great. It will really be nice for you to be near the grandkids (and Suzie & Brian too). A quarter million dollars doesn't seem like what it used to be.
Larry
 
Amen! Praise God from Whom all blessings flow.
 
Oh am I thrilled for the two of you.How wonderful the Lord worked all things out for the two of you.I love your new place and what an ideal location for you.What a blessing you've been given.Love the two of you.Let me know your new address Ed.Will need it to see you a card.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home







































































































































This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?