Saturday, November 20, 2004

 

Sheep in Wolves Clothing

Last night and this afternoon I had the privilege of watching our son Ron play Basketball against one of the top College teams in Canada, the NAIT Ookpiks from Edmonton. NAIT stands for Northern Alberta Institute of Technology and "Ookpiks" is their team name. It is the Inuit (Eskimo) word for the Snowy Owl.

In last nights game Ron played more that he usually has and he did well. It reminded us of when we watched him play for the Briercrest Bible College "Clippers" several years ago. Although his team lost both games, it was action packed and fun to watch. Both teams worked hard. On highlight was meeting Rons friends from Chetwynd who came and watched both games as a part of their Christmas shopping trip to Grande Prairie.

Ron's team? The Grande Prairie Regional College (GPRC) Wolves. The first game I watched, earlier this fall, was against Peace River Bible Institute, where we live and I work, but my loyalties followed blood, not work! At that game I bought a team cap. Now I wear it to every home game I attend. Hence the name for this posting.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home







































































































































This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?