Saturday, December 11, 2004

 

Squirrel Up a Tree

It was now our fourth Christmas in the North! Jon was just four months old. And I'd gotten better at picking Christmas trees, mostly because I now took Wascally Wabbit with me on those quests.

It was Sunday noon, and as we stepped in through the front door, we saw a squirrel scurrying out through the kitchen and down the back steps. In disbelief we sat down on the couch and Wascally Wabbit reached for a chocolate candy from the candy dish. There were none! She reached further to the nut bowl. It was empty too!

Then we noticed them. Up and down our Christmas tree, at every branch, there was a nut or candy carefully placed between the needles! How I wished we'd had a movie camera focused on that tree but, alas, we didn't. So in my mind I picture this squirrel scurrying up and down the tree, securing his stash, before being interrupted by the rightful tenants of the home.

Whatever happened to the squirrel. Rumer has it that the squirrel fled all the way to Kentucky where a certain Kentucky Bear is helping her look for more nuts and candy.

Comments:
Interesting stories of Christmas's past. As far as the present goes, I'm still trying to turn my sled around and mush all the way up norht to see you all, with my mini eskimo in tow
 
Do you remember the squirrel?
 
yes, but mostly through the storie being told evry time the tree goes up. So you got a job for me up there? and someone to buy the house down here. I don't seem to have any job to stay committed or really to come back to after the holidays.
 
Take a look around when you are here. Things are booming up here right now. Should be lots of opportunity for a Little Eskimo!
 
Ed, I love reading your stories--the best of the best!
Thanks for sharing them!
Jeannie
P.S. I'll try to send some carrot bread your way...no wait, better yet--come and get it!!!
 
OK! But if Kentucky Red Squirrel gets there first, make sure she doesn't hide it in the tree!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home







































































































































This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?