Saturday, July 19, 2008

 

Home?

Home (hom):

1 one's place of residence

2 the social unit formed by a family living together

3 familiar or usual setting : congenial environment; also : the focus of one's domestic attention:
"home is where the heart is."

4 a place of origin



I've been thinking about this word lately. According to definition 1, we have a former home in Sexsmith. We still possess it and could go back and spend the night there if we wanted to.



Then we have agreed to purchase another home but we can't live there until we take possession of it in a few days (exciting). It's been so long since we were in it I forget a lot of what it is like.



Our present home is here at Suzanne and Brian's. Although we are enjoying it, we know its only temporary.



Actually, this home fits definition 2 a lot better. This social unit consists of two grandparents, two parents, and three grand-children. It has been a precious couple of months under the same roof. But I'll still be glad when Colleen and I get our own house. We want it to be a second home for our kids and grandkids.



According to definition 3, Camrose is home. When we first moved back here, I had two men tell me: "Welcome home." It does feel like home and we often bump into people we know from when we lived here before, or folk from other areas too.



But we are about an hour or so away from where I grew up (definition 4). It's nice to be close to my roots too. We don't get back there a lot but we can whenever we want to.



But all of this has gotten me thinking about another home. The older I get the more precious it becomes because it is getting nearer. I'm in no rush to get there, but I am looking forward to my permanent home. My parents are there. People whom I helped direct there will be there. And many other family and friends will be there too. But best of all, Jesus will be there and it will last forever. "So shall we ever be with the Lord." Home!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home







































































































































This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?