Sunday, January 23, 2005

 

Sunset On The Farm


This sunset picture was taken by Colleen several years ago. It is in the farm yard where I grew up. I helped build those cowboy gates not long before I left the farm. Colleen and I were living in a little 8 X 32 trailer and my Dad offered us a nice new double-wide if we could come into the operation with him and my brother Bill who is still there. I loved the farm and I loved farming (still do) but I said "No!" to my Dad.

Why? I was quite sure God was calling me into the pastoral ministry. We soon went back to Caronport where I worked on a dairy farm. The timing was perfect to take another year of training there at Briercrest Bible College. And about three years later we moved back to the farm for the summer. From the farm we flew to Uranium City to candidate. Then we worked on the farm for about two months, seeding the crop on land my twin brother had just bought. Then on Aug 1, 1975 we flew back to Uranium City where we pastored for six years, almost to the day. (More about Uranium City later)

Now some 25 years later we have transitioned out of the pasatoral ministry. So, it seems, the sun is setting on that era of our lives as we serve our Lord in somewhat different area of ministry. (More about that on a later Blog too.) Posted by Hello

Comments:
A beautiful sunset to boot.I'll bet this is where Colleen's egg picture was taken. Love it.
 
Nope! That was Colleen's special kitten on the chicken farm where she worker when we were still in our previous church.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home







































































































































This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?