Monday, December 27, 2004

 

Five Hundred Acres of Fun

What did we get for Christmas? Wabbit and I splurged on a new (old) computer for ourselves. Works well for blogging. Then our son, Captain Ron the Alpha Wolf, gave me a 500 acre virtual farm. It's great fun. Has all the features of the real farm with two advantages. 1) I don't have to leave the tractor seat (I mean the computer chair) and 2) if I go broke I simply switch off the computer and go back to my day job, carpentering and such!
Tractors and equipment (all authentic looking John Deere) were bought and sold. Virtual relatives came and helped out. Crops were seeded, fertilized, sprayed for weeds and bugs, and then harvested (what the tornado left), unless winter set in first! The action was very realistic, and fast enough for this "ole boy."
In a couple of hours several seasons had passed, the $300,000 I started with was used up and I'd lost the game. I'd farmed until the money was all gone, just like real life!

Comments:
Well, you've put a smile on my face and given me a good laugh once again! I'm so glad this story was only pretend! Hope you're all enjoying some good family time there together!
 
gives new meaning to the phrase "stick to your day job!"
 
Post a Comment

<< Home







































































































































This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?