Monday, February 16, 2009

 

A Death in the Family

She was a member of our family for 19 years. But alas she is no longer with us. I remember the first time I saw her. It was just a week or so after I'd had my famous accident on the river hill. We went over to Wetaskiwin and my Dad showed us the newest addition to the Turner family. She was just a newborn but she was a cute as could be.

She had the luxury of spending most of her life indoors, except when she was out travelling and seeing the country. After 1994, when Mom moved into town, this family member enjoyed a quiet life for about eight years. Then in 2002, when my Mother decided she no longer needed her services, we took her in and made her a part of our family. We welcomed and treated her as our own. But her life got a lot busier. We took her to northern B.C. to see Ron. She made many trips with us to and from the Peace country in recent years. And she even made trips with us to Montana and to Penticton, B.C. For four years Colleen took her to work in Grande Prairie with her almost every day. And here in Camrose she began to enjoy a much quieter life with us.

Although she enjoyed almost perfect health all her life, she did suffer from heat stroke every now and then. But that was not what would end her life. Three weeks ago she sustained life threatening injuries in a vehicle accident about a block from our home. Her internal organs were fine, but she had some heavy skeletal damage on her left side. The doctors said it was too much of a risk to try and repair the damage. So last week the decision was made to take her off life support. Our loss is somewhat comforted by the fact that many of her body parts will be able to be used to lengthen the lives of other individuals. She also had a good life insurance policy. The funeral will be next week when the undertaker will come to take her on her final journey.




And now some photos of her final hours.







Comments:
I have just sat here reading this post feeling so bad that you had lost a family member from back aways.I sat here reading further and further wishing you would say if it was a close family friend,a past coworker,or a good friend that your mom had taken care of for awhile.All of a sudden it dawned on me who you were talking about.What a Crock.You silly person who had me going for awhile.Unfortunately things can be put over on me and I don't have a clue which makes me out to be some idiotic nut.Love ya.Did you have a funeral and pray over the death of her? I ended up laughing over this.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home







































































































































This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?