Monday, October 27, 2008

 

New Life, New Lifestyle

Having started a new job that is quite different from what I have been doing feels like I've entered a new life. I'm doing basically the same thing as Brian has been doing. I am a "Life Skills Worker" in a group home for people with developmental disabilities. My home has three clients. Two of them require 24 hour supervision. Most days they go to a special training program or a workshop. Thus most of my daytime hours are off. But I work evenings, some overnights, and mornings. I'm just starting and have almost finished my training.

This morning I went to the doctor, Tim Horton's for coffee and muffins, the gas station (surprise, gasoline is under a dollar per liter), the bank and the park. Below are some pictures I took there.

These swans are here year-around The ducks will fly south.


The view of Camrose across the lake. I helped build the white seniors' condo in 1992.
A view of the St. Mary's Hospital. Both Thomas and Roger were born here.
Posted by Picasa
This is "Rose Haven." It is a long term care facility for seniors now. Originally it was "the Normal School," a school for teachers back when all they needed was a one year course after high school to become teachers.

Comments:
A new life has definately been entered with your scedule and Colleen having you home.Love ya and our prayers are with you and your change.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home







































































































































This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?